Dog dies in Norfolk fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

According to Norfolk dispatch, a fire erupted in the 900 block of Galt Street on Thursday afternoon. 

Norfolk fire crews say the occupants inside of the home were able to get out with no injuries, but they were not able to save a dog that was found upstairs in the family bedroom. 

Crews say when they arrived, flames were showing on the 2nd floor. 

Norfolk fire crews pulled out and started using exterior hoses to knock down fire that was coming from the attic. 

No cause has been determined. 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.