Friday’s First Warning Forecast: A few showers this evening, rain and storms this weekend

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Meteorologist Maddie Kirker’s First Warning Forecast

Tracking rain and storms for the weekend… Tonight will be partly cloudy with a few light showers (mainly for the outer banks.) Lows will be in the mid 60s with winds out of the southwest between 5 and 15 mph. A cold front will move in late tonight, bringing in a bigger chance for rain this weekend.

Expect mostly cloudy skies on Saturday with scattered showers (30%) in the morning. Rain chances will increase through the afternoon to Saturday night (70%). An isolated thunderstorm is possible but severe storms are not expected at this time. Highs will drop to the low 70s on Saturday, behind the cold front.

We will see mostly cloudy skies on Mother’s Day with on and off showers/storms (60-70%). Highs will warm slightly to the mid 70s, near normal. Strong to severe storm are expected on Sunday.

Rain will continue for Monday morning, tapering off by midday. Clouds will clear through the afternoon to evening. Highs will return to the mid 70s to start next week.


Tonight: Partly Cloudy, Isolated Showers. Lows in the mid 60s. Winds: SW 5-15

Saturday: Mostly Cloudy, Scattered Showers/Storms. Highs in the low 70s. Winds: W/N/E 5-15


Weather & Health 

Pollen: Medium-High (Grasses, Oak, Mulberry)

UV Index: 9 (Very High)

Air Quality: Good (Code Green)

Mosquitoes: High


Today in Weather History (NWS Wakefield)

May 10th

1955 F2 Tornado Bertie Co

1990 F1 Tornado: Lancaster Co, Wicomico Co


Tropical Update

No tropical activity at this time


Click here to sign up for email alerts from the First Warning Storm Team.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.